At the end of 2018, Springboard was engaged to activate the launch of the Chamber’s 200th anniversary. A primary objective of the dedicated Cork Chamber 200 communications plan was to use the year as a platform to highlight how Cork Chamber attracts, retains and grows business in the local region.
Our activities included:
- Two national media announcements:
- Launch of Cork Chamber 200 calendar, with President Michael D. Higgins as keynote speaker for the Cork Chamber Annual Dinner 2019.
- Launch of Cork Chamber’s €200,000 social enterprise fund, in partnership with Social Innovation Fund Ireland.
- Management of multiple stakeholders including the Cork Chamber 200 steering committee, government, local business organisations, UCC, the Glucksman Gallery, Social Innovation Fund Ireland, the Office of the President and local and national media.
- Research, development and creation of sticky content including imagery, GIFs, graphics and video.
- Consultation on social media strategy.
Key deliverables achieved included:
- Coverage of the key announcements along with in-depth interviews with then-Cork Chamber President Bill O’Connell across national media, such as the Irish Times, Irish Independent, Irish Examiner and Newstalk
- Securing Nationwide which included an interview with Cork Chamber’s new President, Paula Cogan
- Further coverage and interviews secured in local and vertical media
- Storyboarded, scripted and project-managed the campaign’s cornerstone video, showcasing 200 years of Cork Chamber – the Chamber’s most viewed video that year
- Strategic content and copy delivered for Cork Chamber’s social platforms
- Bank of imagery and graphics delivered for use throughout 2019
- Media drop of branded content to local and national media
At the 2020 Chambers Ireland Awards, Cork Chamber won ‘Best Chamber Marketing Campaign’ for their bicentenary celebrations.
“We really enjoyed working with the Springboard team on the very successful national launch of our landmark 200th anniversary. From driving the creation of new content as well as promoting the Chamber in national and local media, their hard work ensured that the Cork Chamber 200 campaign reached and resonated with our key stakeholders. We would highly recommend Springboard as a communications partner.” – Katherine Fitzpatrick, Director of International Relations, Cork Chamber
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact email@example.com