4 Reasons Why Entering Awards Is Good For Business
It’s that time of year again! Business and industry awards are opening their doors to applications. We advise that you get started on those entry submissions asap. But in case you’re still on the fence, here are 4 reasons why entering awards is good for business.
Being associated with business awards is a great marketing opportunity for your business. As well as the usual media opportunities that come with awards applications, there are a number of other ways you can take advantage if you are shorlisted:
- Include the news in a newsletter to potential and existing clients
- Ask a key member of the shortlisted team to write a blog
- Post about the awards on social media – using the awards’ hashtag will drive exposure to new audiences and grow your engagement online
- If you work with a PR agency, perhaps you will earn some local coverage or profile pieces for your team!
- Entering an awards category provides you with a valuable opportunity to reflect, and identify, areas where you can improve in comparison with competitors.
Attract and retain Top Talent
Having a team that is proud to work for your company is an invaluable asset and sets the right image for applicants to any open positions you may have. Relevant, regional, national and international Awards help to increase brand awareness and position your business as a leader in your field. Talent need to know about your business before they are likely to want to join it.
What’s good for one is good for all! For example, having a female lead considered as Image Businesswoman of the Year in any category would really reinforce their position as an influential businessperson in Ireland in their field.
Similarly, Network Ireland Businesswoman of the Year awards can open up lots opportunities for the winners, such as speaking opportunities as well as interviews and features about their expertise in the media.
The Competitive Advantage
We know you’re good. You know you’re good, but what does your target customer know? Very often, consumers compare and contrast companies with a ‘tick-the-box’ approach. You you need to ensure that you meet each requirement and having awards under your belt gives you an advantage over other companies.
Being able to tell your clients that you received an award for project management in the PMI Ireland Chapter National Project Awards for instance could give you the edge over a competitor. It also helps to instil trust in the business.
Awards For 2021 – What’s Next?
We hope this blog explains at least 4 reasons why entering awards is good for business and encourages you to enter an industry or business award this year. If you don’t know where to start, why not check out some of the below?
Here are some of the upcoming awards across a range of industries:
(Some of the deadlines may have passed, but it is worth keeping them in mind for next year!)
- Irish Healthcare Awards
- Annual Chambers Awards – See your relevant Chamber website for more information. For example, Cork Company of the Year Awards, or the Chambers Ireland CSR Awards
- Business All-Stars
- The Spider Awards
- Tech Excellence Awards
- Business and Finance Awards
- PRWeek Healthcare and Pharma Awards
Do you need help drafting awards submissions? Our copy writing team regularly support clients with award submissions. Find out more about our dedicated service area The Content Studio.
For more stories like this sign up for our Insights newsletter ›BACK TO TOP