In 2019, CSO launched its “Because You Told Us” campaign during the National Ploughing Championships. Springboard was tasked to create a Central Statistics Office Digital Strategy including:
- Raise awareness of the need for key stakeholders to partake in CSO surveys
- Direct people to a dedicated online landing page.
- Target key stakeholders that may not have been accessible through traditional advertising.
Following the strategy planning meeting, Springboard developed a targeted social media strategy that would take the CSO through the lead-up to the campaign launch, the launch itself and the aftermath.
This focused on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, spreading awareness and compelling people to click through to the dedicated landing page at cso.ie.
We understood the size and scope of the National Ploughing Championships and worked with the client on how to best optimise their attendance at the event. Utilising the event’s strong digital presence across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram channels was crucial for this campaign.
- A comprehensive Central Statistics Office digital strategy
- Campaign objectives
- Pillars of conversation & tone of voice guidelines
- Stakeholder mapping
- Messaging matrix
- A dedicated hashtag for this campaign — #TellUsIreland
- Key groups and organisations were compiled to target including key handles and hashtags relating to National Ploughing Championships and its exhibitors
- Handles for key influencers and appropriate content for same were compiled
- A dedicated social media calendar for four weeks for three platforms
- Engaging competitions and content to drive engagement
- During our four-week campaign, Facebook followers increased by 176%
- Facebook page likes over doubled
- Twitter followers increased by 4%
- Instagram followers increased by 34%
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact email@example.com