The CUH Charity was established in early 2012 with the aim of fundraising to provide a wide range of equipment and services for patients attending Cork University Hospital.In 2013, CUH Charity was named the official charity partner for Cork Rebel Week. The objectives for Springboard’s communications campaign were:
- Assisting in creating, implementing, and managing an effective campaign.
- Build awareness about the Children’s Unit Appeal.
- The campaign also needed to seamlessly integrate with the Cork Rebel Week theme.
During the eight week campaign, Springboard developed a comprehensive communications plan, incorporating media outreach, community involvement, and social media outreach.
The key focus was raising awareness of the main fundraising event on October 16th – Cork Independence Day. On this day, people could only enter Cork if they had bought a ‘visa’. Visa checkpoints were set up across the city and county selling a €2 ‘visa’ for Cork, with all proceeds benefitting the CUH Charity’s Children’s Unit Appeal.
Working with the CUH Charity, Springboard secured well-known celebrity ambassadors, including some of Cork’s best loved sports legends such as Rob Heffernan, Derval O’Rourke, Pa Cronin, Donnacha Ryan and Peter O’Mahony.
Springboard organised community outreach, compiling relevant case studies for a direct mail campaign to all patient families, businesses and community organisations. We engaged the 3,400-strong staff at CUH with information meetings, posters and social media outreach, and organised hospital staff to visit schools, colleges and business to talk about the appeal. Springboard also managed the Charity’s social media.
- The Charity obtained over 300 volunteers to help make Visa Day a success.
- Over €52,000 was raised for the Children’s Unit Appeal in just one day.
- The PR campaign reached a broadcast audience of approx. 2,291,000 and a readership of approx. 2,078,797 (JNLR figures), including RTE TV News at One, TV3 5.30 News, Today FM and Newstalk.
- Key public figures engaging on Twitter included Ian Dempsey, Sonia O’ Sullivan, Rob Heffernan, the IRB, Ronan O’Gara, Matt Cooper and Rick O’Shea.
- For their work, Springboard received a highly commended from the national PR awards, Excellence in Public Relations.
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact email@example.com