Rethink Ireland’s €650,000 Ignite Midwest Fund was the first of its kind specifically for social innovation projects in the Midwest counties of Clare, Limerick and Tipperary. The objectives for Springboard Communications were:
- Raise awareness of the fund among non-profit organisations including charities, community groups and social enterprises in Limerick, Tipperary and Clare along with national non-profit organisations with branches in these counties.
- Raise awareness and the profile of Rethink Ireland amongst the public.
Springboard Communications conducted a strategy which involved stakeholder mapping and messaging. A media release was drafted along with the development of a targeted media list, and curated media pack.
Springboard Communications handled all journalist briefings and media queries, organisation of interviews between journalists and the agreed spokesperson as well as the media training.
There were 97 applicants to the fund achieved through extensive media coverage:
- An exclusive interview between the Irish Examiner and CEO of Rethink Ireland Deirdre Mortell (published in print and online).
- Coverage across local media in Tipperary, Clare and Limerick for case studies and Rethink Ireland personal
- Coverage in online media sources including Irish Tech News & Irish Business Focus
- Pádraic Vallely, Business Development Manager at Rethink Ireland, spoke live on Clare FM and Tipp Midwest Radio about the fund.
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We engaged Springboard Communications to partner with us in delivering a communications plan for our Ignite Midwest Fund, increasing awareness of not only the fund but of Rethink Ireland as a whole. Springboard delivered all aspects of the project seamlessly, as well as meeting and exceeding the KPIs we had outlined for the project. Maria and the team have expert level knowledge when it comes to communications and were able to guide us in our plans, ensuring we gained maximum levels of coverage.
I would highly recommend other organisations to partner with Springboard Communications on any communication requirements. The team consistently deliver a service that is second to none and we were extremely happy with the outcome of the partnership.