The Lennox acquisition of Focus Scientific
In February 2022, Lennox, an Irish company that supplies scientific, industrial and laboratory goods, acquired Meath-based laboratory equipment specialist Focus Scientific Solutions. The acquisition would see the targeted creation of 30 new high-level jobs over a two-year period.
The objectives for this campaign were:
- To build brand awareness
- Deliver a national media campaign to announce the acquisition
- Plan and manage a social media campaign
- Raise the profile of Lennox in Ireland
- Build a positive employer brand to drive recruitment
Springboard Communications liaised with both companies to develop a national campaign to announce this acquisition.
The objective of the campaign was to highlight the growth of Lennox following the acquisition of Focus Scientific and the subsequent expansion of the team with additional roles being created over a three-year period.
We worked closely with both the Lennox and Focus Scientific teams to create a comprehensive communications strategy. A media release was drafted along with the development of a targeted media list and curated media pack.
Our activities included:
- Crafting the media story
- Drafting and issuing a strategic announcement to a targeted media list
- Delivery of social media campaign
- Management of a targeted media follow-up campaign
- Support and management of an internal event to bring the two teams together and align on strategy and culture
- We secured national coverage of the announcement across RTE, The Irish Times, and the Irish Independent among others
- Regional coverage including the Irish Examiner and the Meath Chronicle.
- Coverage across online media sources such as Silicon Republic, Business Plus and more.
Do you have a similar project that needs communications support? Get in touch with us today at email@example.com
For more stories like this sign up for our Insights newsletter ›BACK TO TOP