In April 2022, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and Ørsted, the global leader in renewable energy, were to host a joint expert panel discussion highlighting the importance of renewable energy projects.
The Future Of Clean Energy: Harnessing Partnerships and Policy event took place in University College Cork (UCC) and was organised as part of Governor Murphy’s economic mission to Ireland to strengthen economic and cultural ties and promote business investments in New Jersey.
Springboard Communications was tasked with overseeing stakeholder engagement, the communications campaign and the strategic delivery of the event.
The objectives for this campaign were:
- To engage local stakeholders in Ørsted’s global vision.
- To deepen strategic partnership links with NJ counterparts
As Ørsted was a relatively new player in the Irish energy space, this was a vital introduction to the market and the media.
With a relatively short timeline, working closely with Ørsted, Springboard crafted and implemented a dedicated stakeholder engagement, event and media plan to ensure the objectives were met.
Our activities included:
- Co-ordination, mapping and management of stakeholders including Choose NJ, the New Jersey Governor’s office, Ørsted, MaREI, Wind Energy Ireland and UCC
- Drafting of key messaging for the campaign, segmented for each stakeholder group
- Management of relevant pre-event briefings, speakers notes and outputs
- Development of content for Ørsted’s owned channels
- Organising press photography
- Creation of handling plans for each campaign element
- Execution of the event and attendance
A media announcement was also drafted along with the development of a targeted media list and curated media pack.
Through a closely managed campaign, Ørsted was effectively introduced in the space both locally and with international audiences, laying the groundwork for further brand awareness activities.
On the day, the event was successfully delivered, with attendees and delegates hearing from speakers on the future of renewable energy in Ireland and New Jersey, and engaging in a networking session.
Media coverage was achieved, in regional, national and trade media, including: