In March 2018, Pilz opened a state-of-the-art €7.4 million software development centre, with custom-built office space and new laboratory facilities. The opening of the three storey 2,500 sq m facility coincided with the 20th anniversary of the company’s presence in Ireland. Springboard’s role was to:
- Position Pilz as a leader in the automation technology industry and a desirable local employer
- Activate and engage their social media presence
- Implement a comprehensive media relations and thought leadership campaign.
At the launch event were key stakeholders including An Tánaiste Simon Coveney, Renate Pilz, Managing Director of Pilz Global, and representatives from the IDA and Cork Chamber. Our communications activities were driven by Springboard’s content framework, Spring³. Utilising earned, owned and strategic paid content, we created an integrated campaign to amplify Pilz’s key messages to its target audiences. This included:
- A comprehensive social media strategy to activate stakeholders, both in Ireland and across global Pilz sites
- A media announcement, with quotes from An Tánaiste and Martin Shanahan, CEO of IDA Ireland
- Strategic PR outreach to key media and industry publications
- Content creation, including photography, blogging and videography
- A live Twitter feed for @PilzIreland on the day of the official opening of the software development centre
- On the day of the opening, our Spring³ activities secured 25,500 impressions and 152 link clicks on Twitter. In the months that followed, we increased engagement on that platform by 20%.
- In the month that followed, Springboard grew Pilz Ireland LinkedIn followers by 80%. Since the launch event, Springboard’s continued management of the platform increased followers by 627%.
- Springboard secured extensive offline and online national and regional coverage for the anniversary which included; RTÉ, the Irish Examiner, Business Plus, Silicon Republic, BreakingNews.ie, The Echo, 96FM and RedFM.
- Springboard secured multiple thought-leadership opportunities for Pilz Ireland Managing Director John McAuliffe, including the Sunday Business Post.
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more stories like this sign up for our Insights newsletter ›BACK TO TOP