Springboard was delighted to play a part in promoting Ireland’s new amenity and tourist attraction, creating a bespoke online communications and social media strategy for Waterford Greenway.
The open day featured a wide range of family-friendly activities, street entertainment, live music, exhibitions, walks, talks, markets and more in 3 locations across Waterford. Mayor of Waterford, Cllr Adam Wyse and Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Simon Coveney TD took part in the official ribbon cutting ceremony, which marked the launch of the €15 million project.
Some of the media that featured the Waterford Greenway over the opening weekend included the Sunday Times, Lonely planet, the Culture Trip, Newstalk, the Irish Independent and RTÉ. Many of these also tagged the Waterford Greenway in Facebook and Twitter posts. As part of the social media campaign, Springboard utilised an event hashtag #WaterfordGreenway, invested in PPC, shared video content and engaged with key influencers and organisations.
- There were over 70 mentions of Waterford Greenway in Print and on radio.
- Waterford Greenway was also mentioned in over 20 online media and blogging platforms over the opening weekend
- There were over 10,000 attendees at the official opening
- #WaterfordGreenway was trending for four days around the official opening on Twitter
- Waterford Greenway’s Facebook followers have grown to 18,300
- There were nine times more mentions on Twitter than the previous month
- Twitter profile visits increased by 1250%, that’s 13 times more views than the previous month
- Waterford Greenway’s handle was used in over 600 tweet
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact email@example.com