Springboard Communications was delighted to play a part in promoting Ireland’s newest amenity and tourist attraction, The Waterford Greenway, creating a bespoke online communications and social media strategy.
The open day for the launch featured a wide range of family-friendly activities, street entertainment, live music, exhibitions, walks, talks, markets and more in three locations across Waterford county. Mayor of Waterford, Cllr Adam Wyse, and Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Simon Coveney TD took part in the official ribbon cutting ceremony, which marked the launch of the €15 million Waterford Greenway project.
Some of the media coverage that featured the Waterford Greenway over the opening weekend included the Sunday Times, Lonely planet, the Culture Trip, Newstalk, the Irish Independent and RTÉ. Many of these also tagged the Waterford Greenway on social media across Facebook and Twitter posts. As part of the social media campaign, Springboard utilised the event hashtag #WaterfordGreenway, invested in Google ads , shared video content and engaged with key influencers and organisations.
- There were over 70 mentions in total of Waterford Greenway in Print and on radio.
- Waterford Greenway was also mentioned in over 20 online media and blogging platforms over the opening weekend alone.
- There were over 10,000 attendees at the official opening of the greenway.
- #WaterfordGreenway was trending for four days around the official opening on Twitter.
- Waterford Greenway’s Facebook followers have grown to 18,300.
- There were nine times more mentions on Twitter than the previous month.
- Twitter profile visits increased by 1250%. That’s 13 times more views than the previous month, a really significant increase.
- Waterford Greenway’s handle was used in over 600 tweets.
If you would like more information on how Springboard Communications can help you meet your communications objectives, contact firstname.lastname@example.org